Board of Directors provide active governance, oversight, leadership, and strategy for the organization. Volunteer directors:
- Make a two-year commitment
- Attend at least 75% of monthly board meetings. Board meetings are usually 6-8pm the first Thursday of each month in Shadyside. In response to COVID-19, board meetings are currently held via Zoom.
- Actively participate in at least one committee, including attending monthly committee meetings and engaging in tasks and communication between meetings
- Participate in periodic programming and fundraising activities
- Act as an ambassador for the mission of YNPN Pittsburgh
- If you wish to move forward with volunteering, please submit a volunteer application form.
- Afterwards, you will be contacted with the date and time of our next Volunteer Orientation. They are usually every month depending on demand.
- After you’re oriented, you’ll be asked to attend a board meeting for the nomination and election process.
- Once you’ve been elected to the board, you’ll start attending monthly meetings and participating in committee service