$1500 awarded to YNPN members each year
- Recipient must be a YNPN member
- Must be used for professional development opportunities
- May not be used for college tuition or credit-bearing courses
- Recipient may not be on the YNPN Board of Directors
Professional Development Award
This award aims to remove financial barriers for YNPN Pittsburgh members. Two awards of up to $750 each will be made per calendar year, one for 1/01-6/30 and another for 7/01-12/31. You may apply for both cycles, but award recipients are only eligible to receive funding once per calendar year.
The Professional Development Award can be used for professional conference registration, tuition for non-credit bearing coursework (such as through the Bayer Center), pursuing a professional certification or credential, and many other non-academic, professionally focused uses. This award cannot be used to pay tuition towards a degree.
Funds will be disbursed via reimbursement after the submission of receipts or YNPN will pay for verified registration costs upfront directly through the appropriate vendor. This award is graciously sponsored by a 100 Women Who Care Pittsburgh Impact Award.
- The award amount is not guaranteed to cover the entirety of the costs of the opportunity you are pursuing, but should be viewed as a way to defray the cost of the opportunity.
- All applications are reviewed by all members of the Award Application Review Team, which is composed of volunteers from the YNPN Pittsburgh Board as well as volunteer committee members. All applications will be reviewed according to the same set of standards to ensure fairness.
- The highest scoring applications will be reviewed by the YNPN Pittsburgh Board.
- YNPN Pittsburgh reserves the right to decline the application if the activity falls outside the recommended parameters.