This exciting new cohort-based program has been developed to address the need for both virtual networking and skills development for young nonprofit professionals in Pittsburgh. The Professional Support Network (PSN) aims to replace a traditional one-on-one mentorship match with a skills-focused small group learning series, enabling young nonprofit professionals (or aspiring professionals) who participate to build knowledge, connections, and confidence.
YNPN Pittsburgh is seeking both participants and facilitators for our Spring 2021 cohort, which will launch in February/March of this year! The PSN will involve small groups of participants meeting for three, hour-long virtual sessions over a three-month period. Facilitators will guide learning, discussion, and peer connection opportunities, designing each session to meet the needs of the group.
Possible topics could include:
- Facilitating meetings with confidence
- How to have your voice and ideas heard in big meetings
- Managing up
- Negotiation skills
- Budgets 101: Learn how to read a P&L report
- Encouraging data-driven decision making on your team
- Other hard or soft professional skills you can bring to the table
To become a participant in the PSN, you must:
- Be a YNPN Pittsburgh Member or be willing to join as a member upon start of the program (membership is $25 annually with discounts offered for students, veterans, and service fellows. Learn more at ynpnpgh.org/membership)
- Attend three 60-minute sessions over three months, and complete any pre-session assignments (no more than 30 minutes for each session)
- Be willing to actively participate in discussion and learning with other participants
- No fee will be required for this pilot program; there will be a charge for participation in future cohorts
To become a volunteer facilitator for the PSN, you must:
- Have a professional skill you would like to share with other young professionals to increase their development and confidence (see suggested topics above)
- Commit to leading two successive 3-month long learning series on your chosen topic (a 6-month minimum commitment)
- Support coordination of your cohort including scheduling meetings, communicating pre-session assignments, evaluation of sessions
- Embrace this as a learning opportunity for you in addition to your participants – increase your facilitation and leadership skills
Complete the brief interest form by Friday, February 8th to become a participant or facilitator (or sign up to do both)!
Questions? Email Beci Russell, YNPN Board Member and Mentorship Program Manager at email@example.com. We hope you’ll join us!